Clark Fork Valley Hospital offers a full-service medical laboratory that provides a wide range of clinical and pathology laboratory services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are affiliated with regional and national reference laboratories to provide seamless service for specialized testing.
Our laboratory staff is composed of board-certified Clinical Laboratory Scientists and Technicians with extensive experience in the field. State-of-the-art equipment on-site provides the technology essential to providing accurate, timely results to clinicians. Warm, friendly service balances our technological capability to bring about personalized, high-quality care.
Family Medicine Network Laboratory Services
Each of our Family Medicine offices within the county provides laboratory services. If you prefer to have your blood work done closer to home, contact the Family Medicine Network office closest to you.
Discounted Lab Screenings Available All Year
The MyHealth Lab Screening Program lets you actively monitor your own health.
- No appointment necessary
- You can order tests without a provider's order
- The results will be mailed to you
- If you see an abnormality or are concerned about the test results, you are encouraged to share them with your primary care provider
- Payment is required at the time of service. We accept payment by cash, check or credit card. Your insurance will not be billed
MyHealth Lab Screening
- Provides easy access to help you monitor and manage existing health conditions
- Helps you establish your baseline for future comparison and provides an overview of your current health
- Helps you monitor health risks based on your family history
- Helps you check up on changes in your health and allows for early detection of disease
- Provides information helpful in planning healthy lifestyle changes
Payment by cash, check or credit card is required at the time of service. Insurance will not be billed. You must be 18 years of age or older to participate. MyHealth Lab Screening is not a substitute for regular medical care. It is important to connect regularly with your primary care provider.
Learn more about MyHealth Labs, reduced rate pricing and what screenings are available by downloading the MyHealth Lab Screening Program Brochure.
When you come for your lab test, be sure to bring the lab test order if the doctor has given it to you and your insurance card. If you are having a drug screen collected, you will also need a photo ID. All patients must register at the main hospital entrance desk.
Some tests and screenings require that you fast before your blood is drawn. The laboratory defines fasting as no food (food includes candy, mints, gum and coffee) and no drink or smoking for 12 hours prior to your blood draw. Patients may still take their medications and small amounts of water unless your physician has instructed otherwise.
Common tests/screenings that require fasting:
- Lipid panel (cholesterol/triglyceride test)
- Basic metabolic panel (glucose, electrolytes, blood urea nitrogen and creatinine screenings)
- Comprehensive metabolic panel (basic metabolic panel + additional screenings)
- Glucose testing
Clark Fork Valley Hospital participates with a large number of insurance plans. We do not participate with all managed care or preferred provider organization plans. We will be happy to bill your insurance company directly; however, you may receive invoices for copays, deductibles or balances that will be your responsibility. Check with your insurance provider to inquire about what tests/screenings they will cover.
Advanced Beneficiary Notice
During your visit to the lab, you may be asked to sign an advanced beneficiary notice (ABN). Medicare and many other insurance companies will not pay for certain tests that they consider experimental, a screening or not medically necessary. By signing an ABN, you are agreeing to all responsibilities related to payment for testing your insurance company does not cover. Please note that it is your right to refuse treatment if you choose to do so.