Telehealth Virtual Visits
Our providers are available to consult with you virtually through video conferencing technology
We’re making it easy and safe to talk to your primary or specialty healthcare provider from your home using Zoom technology on your smart phone, tablet, or computer.
A telehealth visit allows you and your provider to connect via your electronic device without going to the clinic for an appointment. During your consultation, your provider can discuss your health concerns, work on a care plan and, if needed, provide a prescription while you remain safe in your home.
The billing process is the same as a regular face-to-face office visit. These visits generate a charge that will be billed to the patient or sent to the patient’s insurance company, Medicare, and/or Medicaid.
Requesting a Telehealth Visit
To determine if you are a good candidate for these services you need to be physically in the state of Montana at the time of your visit and have access to the following:
- A stable internet connection
- Internet/Wi-Fi or adequate cellular plan for streaming
- Electronic device with camera and microphone/speakers
- Mobile device (Must have a built-in camera: you can either use the built-in microphone and speakers, or plug in your earbuds or headphones)
- Desktop computer or laptop (Windows or Mac) (Must have a built-in camera and microphone/speakers or an external camera plugin and headphones)
- Active MyChart Account
- To sign up for MyChart, Click Here
- Open your MyChart account and verify you can open it without difficulty.
If you have met all the criteria, call the Family Medicine Network Office where you currently see your health care provider or want to schedule your telehealth appointment and request a telehealth visit.
Once a date and time is confirmed, you will receive a message in MyChart with instructions for starting your video visit via zoom.
for your visit
Download Software App for Zoom:
Using Computer or Laptop: Zoom Cloud Meetings
Using a mobile device: iPhone or Android
Instructions for Computer
- Login to your MyChart account via a web browser
- Click the VIEW DETAILS button on the upcoming Video Visit from the home page.
- Click the “Begin Video Visit” button when you are ready to join your visit.
- Zoom Cloud Meetings will launch automatically, and you will be taken to a “virtual waiting room” There is nothing that you need to click on this screen. Your provider will join you shortly.
- Once provider joins, you may be prompted to allow access to your microphone and camera. If prompted, “join with computer audio”
Instructions for Mobile Device
- Login to MyChart App
- Tap on “Visits Details” button under you video visit on the main menu.
- At the time of your appointment, click on the green camera icon to launch the visit.
- If Zoom app installed, click “Launch Meeting” hyperlink.
- You will be prompted to open the Zoom App, click Open.
- Once Zoom opens, you will be in a ‘virtual waiting room.’ Your provider will join you shorty.
- When your provider joins the video from the ‘waiting room’ you will be asked to join audio. (You may also be asked to allow access to your microphone and camera) When prompted you will click on “Call Using Intern Audio” (Apple Devices) or “ Call via Device Audio” (Android Devices). You need to have both video and audio on.
the day of your visit
A nurse will contact you prior to your appointment to prepare for your visit with the provider. This will include screening questions, reason for visit, allergy, and medication review. They will also ask you to take your vital signs if you have equipment at home to do so, but not required. This would include blood pressure and temperature.