CFVH Covid - 19 Update - 2/21/22 - At Home Test Kits
Monday, February 21, 2022
Since the closing of our drive through Covid-19 testing, due to lack of supplies, we have been actively working to obtain an alternative source to supply convenient testing for the community. We are currently receiving at home tests in a limited supply to dispense. These may be obtained at each of our Family Medicine Network offices in Thompson Falls, Plains and Hot Springs.
If you obtain one of the at home test kits, please note the following instructions:
- If you feel you need to be tested because of a Covid exposure, and you do not have symptoms, you should wait until 5 days after the exposure before you test.
- If you have symptoms, you should not test until you have had symptoms for 2 days.
- If the test is negative you may use the 2nd test in the box 24-48 hours after you completed the first test.
- There is no need to repeat a test if the first one is positive.
- Continue to follow guidelines regarding quarantine and isolation. These can be found at the Sanders County Public Health website.
- If you need further testing for any other reason please contact the public health department (406-827-6931), including if you need testing again within 2 weeks.
- WE ASK THAT YOU TAKE NO MORE THAN 1 TEST BOX EVERY 2 WEEKS.
Also, please visit the US Postal Service website ( https://special.usps.com/testkits ) to order your 4 free test kits per household.
Gregory S. Hanson, MD
Clark Fork Valley Hospital