The Environmental Services duties and functions are critical and essential elements for providing a clean, orderly, and organized environment for patients, residents, employees, and the general public. The incumbent will become familiar with the cleaning of all aspects of the facility and adhere to the Clark Fork Valley Hospital (CFVH) mission, vision, core values, and Employees’ Handbook.
Housekeepers will be provided blood borne pathogens information and will be required to empty red or sharp containers. All housekeepers will be provided a copy of cleaning responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The functions described here are representative of those the incumbent may encounter while performing Housekeeper duties. Specific area duties and checklist will be provided. Major duties will include but are not limited to:
- Clean assigned areas of responsibility which may include: patient rooms, exam rooms, clinic space, administrative areas, surgical areas, labs and other clinical space, waiting areas and restrooms.
- Uses and understands the use of various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants.
- Understand and implement infection control techniques appropriate to Environmental Services.
- Demonstrate and practice safe handling of bio-hazard clean up and disposal.
- Take daily inventory of cleaning supplies and inspect equipment for repair or replacement and report to manager as needed.
- Collect trash and bio-hazard materials and transport same to appropriate designated location.
- Attend and participate in in-service training and team huddles.QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Open until filled
Stacy Torgerson, Employment Specialist
10 Kruger Road / PO Box 768
Plains, MT 59859