Nutrition Services Aide/Cook
Prepares and delivers food trays to hospital patients and residents by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands and uses the communication system in the department.
- Reads production orders and therapeutic menus for patients, residents and cafeteria
- Prepares trays for meal service.
- Places servings in a blender to make foods soft, liquid or pureed diets.
- Uses portion control to comply with therapeutic needs.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart
- Pushes carts to halls or ward kitchen.
- Serves trays to patients.
- Washes dishes and cleans work area.
- Charting temps and all dish room logs.
- Collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers.
- Will prepare by washing and/or peeling vegetables as menu demands.
- Responsible for stocking and cleaning in his/her area.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Good customer skills and able to work well with other employees, residents and patients.
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be in good physical and mental health, able to read, write and understand English. Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds, plan own work schedule for the day, based on menu and meet meal schedules. Able to work with, supervise and secure cooperation of fellow dietary employees in order to implement meal. Must be able to work with geriatric residents, understand special needs and know special diet orders.
Education and/or experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Click Here For Online Application - Complete and email to email@example.com with Subject Title: (Position Applying for)
Monday, November 23, 2020
Open until filled
Stacy Torgerson, Employment Specialist
10 Kruger Road / PO Box 768
Plains, MT 59859