Patient Services Representative
Plains Family Medicine
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receive visitors and registering patients to include: interview patient/family member to gather pertinent registration information, and, accurately inputting information into the information system. Gather appropriate signatures for all required paperwork and routing to other departments as required.
- Call payers to pre-authorize and financially screen clinical and outpatient procedures and work with centralized scheduler and other departments to schedule procedures and ensure financial requirements are acknowledged. Collect payments at time of service from clinic and/or coordinate with financial specialist as required. Balance daily petty cash and receipting payments and/or coordinate with financial specialist as required.
- Preparation of daily provider schedules and other daily statistical reports.
- Scheduling appointments, including walk-ins to ensure efficient patient and provider flow, and reduce patient waiting times.
- Answering incoming telephone lines, routing calls, taking and delivering messages to staff and daily patient confirmation calls..
- Process incoming and outgoing medical record requests. Copy log and send medical records as requested. Review requests to ensure patients signatures for the release of patient health information as requested by HIPAA policies and procedures.
- General office and secretarial duties such as, but not limited to: ordering supplies, mail distribution, requesting maintenance services, faxing, copying, file management, filing correspondence letters, keeping patient and work areas tidy and organized.
- Securing all patient health information by closing and locking work area when unattended.
- Participates in required performance improvement projects and Quality Assurance (QAPI).
- Review and update on an annual basis Family Medicine Network policies and procedures.
Click Here For Online Application - Complete and email to email@example.com with Subject Title: (Position Applying for)
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Open until filled
Stacy Torgerson, Employment Specialist
10 Kruger Road / PO Box 768
Plains, MT 59859